I’ve been somewhat distant from social media and my blog lately and I apologize to those of you who keep up with my content. Since starting my online class at the end of January, getting busy at work and going on a little health kick, I’ve had very slim time for creative outlets.
I try to do the best I can to still be putting out fresh content, but I’ve honestly just had a lack of confidence with doing so lately. I had little to NO storage on my phone (first world problems) so I became discouraged from taking photos.
I’m hoping March brings me some better opportunities to get in touch with the parts of my creative self that I’ve been missing.
In the meantime, here’s what I’ve experienced this February!
Hope you enjoy, xoxo
– Arrested Development: Honestly wasn’t sure how I was going to feel about this show, but I’m 8/10 impressed. Since I’ve finished The Office this has been my go to! The comedy of course does not compare, but the storyline doesn’t have to be followed precisely, so it’s easy for me to fall asleep to!
– The Founder. I was really impressed with this movie.
Katie – https://katiepassionfruit.com
Kayla – https://kaylacatalano.com
Mia – http://okaaythen.com
I love discovering and sharing new talent and content, so if you’re a blogger or you know of some brands/pages you think I’d like, please comment and let me know!
I went to Philadelphia this month!
Here’s my post about it, including my FIRST EVER VLOG!
Please tell me how you like it, and if you have any suggestions or feedback on my vlogging! I’m certainly not well equipped with my camera or editing, so I’m still learning!
Overall, adventuring to Philadelphia was an experience. I enjoyed planning, being on my own schedule and time management and exploring for my own experience. Also he food was outstanding! However, I was expecting it to be less urban for some reason. It was fine, I simply had to adjust my expectations and attitude towards it! It was liberating to be in a place that I didn’t know at all, and make my way around.
– Limbs in photos.
I’ve seen a few Instagram accounts solely focusing on “hands in frame” or something of the sort! I’ve noticed it to be a growing trend in the social media community for photo taking.
When I’m taking a picture of a subject or just a flatlay, I think “hey maybe I should stick my hand in??” And I end up really liking it.
No matter what you’re taking the picture of or what purpose it may serve, incorporating your hand, leg, or arm in some way serves a lot of justice. It adds a touch of personality to the overall content of the photo, therefore it has a chance to preform better.
As far as photography, I’ve seen a handful of models (such as: @samantha.rom) who totally rock their limbs and do it with grace and ease.
I just love how effortless she makes it look! Go girl!
– Crystal healing!! I’ve owned a collection of precious gemstones and crystals for quite some time, but I never utilized them the way I have this month. I did a chakra balancing soak in the sun on one of the nicest spring-like days we had, and it felt absolutely enchanting. After I charged up and aligned my chakras, I felt happy, light as a feather (I started dancing and jumping around?!) and expressive. It was beautiful!
I do believe using my crystals in daily life helps soak in all of the opportunities and benefits that the world throws my way. Learning about their majesty, influence and the endless possibilities fascinates me.
– I’m learning that we don’t need an explanation for everything. I’m also learning that we don’t need to give an explanation for anything.
– Take care of your insides to help your outsides better reflect health and happiness.
I discovered a lotttttt of new music this month. Here’s most of what I loved:
- I Follow Rivers – Lykke Li
- Gold – Chet Faker
- The xx
- Z – SZA: Child’s Play; Sweet November; Shattered Ring
- Shadow Man – noname
- I want You Back – Chicago Kid
- Hip Hip Hooray – Margot & The Nuclear
- Criticism as Inspiration – Pedro the Lion
If I didn’t at least love the tune or rhythm, I resonated with the lyrics. That’s enough for me.
R E F L E C T I O N
It’s been over a whole month since my breakup and I’ve been handling my independence really well, if I do say so myself. I have made some serious lifestyle changes and it’s bringing out parts of me, determination and challenge that I didn’t even know I had.
I’ve been really involved at work lately, because LUSH is one of, if not the only thing/place that feels somewhat familiar to me at this time. I’m exploding with ideas, inspiration and I’m finally seeing my hard work pay off in my role, and it’s the most rewarding feeling. I wasn’t feeling this passionate about LUSH a few months ago, and I’m just very grateful for it right now. My shop is a second home to my heart.
For part of this month, I struggled with my own sense of self and feelings of confusion and loss. A feeling as if I was driving in the dark with bright lights flashing around me and I didn’t know where to go. I tend to feel entirely helpless. That feeling comes in waves. This week I feel great, but the darkness may cloud over me again next week. I take every day for its own and try to put my all into it. I try to surround myself with things that I’m comfortable with, things I’m good at. And I make the best of it.
Thank you for reading… So much love.
– Laura the Leo